Pages

Friday 11 December 2009

And Then There Was Light ~Or not

I discovered I do not really dislike the sun when it's its watery version of the summer.
When little clouds form at your mouth when you breathe, but there's no wind.
It makes everything twinkle, but it's not that bright, rather gloomy with all the grey sweet fluffy clouds?
No wind, yet it's ice cold. That's my favourite weather. With or without the watery sun.

Sinterklaas is already gone. And Santa is about to come. Reindeers and all.
Autumn's actually moved to Winter. Leafless trees. Rain. Clouds. Mist.
I haven't had a REAL winter in a least 7 years, when we were here for quite a different reason.
So it better be good. I really hope it snows.
They have been saying that the weather has been mild up till now. D<
I heard it'll be freezing this week. So maybeh. I'm not quick thinking the weather's cold. Like, awfully so. Only time in the last ten years I've had my teeth chattering was in August 2007. Of course, that was on the Grossglockner, which is the highest mountain in Europe, about 2,5 kms above sealevel. August or not, it was chilly up there.

I've noticed I don't do things automatically. When it's quiet, I don't turn on the TV or music, just to drown it out. When it gets dark outside, I let it get dark inside, and don't turn on any lights. I don't know if I do that because I'm comfortable without light and sound, or whether I'm not just pure lazy? Maybe both, maybe neither.
Not getting food when hungry, or turning on the heater when it's cold.. I really need to teach myself to do that without actively telling myself to.

PS: Is it just me or does it really say 98 posts when there are a 100?

xxx
The Gypsy

1 comment: