Pages

Saturday 19 September 2009

Talk Like A Pirate Day

Aye matey, today was yer regular International Talk Like A Pirate Day, Arrr.
What are yeh lookin' at, scallywag?! It's true, I tells yah, such a day really exists!
I hope that not be troublin' yeh, else yeh'll have to walk the plank~

Anyways, it's not how I spent the day.
I went all the way to the other end the Netherlands, and spent the train trips (to and from) trying to ignore a brat kid kicking out, a hard-talking lesbian who told her story three times (without variation) to anyone who would listen, and a blond bimbo with no brains and a loose tongue.

I spent my day with Ralf and Babsi, and that was very enjoyable.
I watched them playing warhammer, trying as hard as I could to make sense of the rules. It proved not to be very difficult if you have the table with the scores and points of strength, toughness, skill, etc. It's all strategies and luck (throwing dice), and with a bit of imagination you can actually see goblins flying through the air to land wrong without hitting anyone and being totally squashed by the fall.

Then Wim (Ralf's neighbour) and Shana joined us, and started playing with Ralf's gamecube. (A Mario cart thing game?)
I had in the meantime been running on three hours of sleep in about fifty hours, and my brain was starting to show it's annoying shutting down process, even though it by no means means I got anything near actual sleeping. My body reacts to tiredness, but somehow it still manages to keep awake. Annoying, really.

Babs noticed me zoning out, and they took a break from the battle (no clue who won, I'll have to ask them), connected two more consoles to the gamecube, and the five of us played a few more races (one person watching the other four, then getting the console from the one who won the round) but I was as horrible at concentrating at that, too. It was fun though, random comments cracking them up one by one.

Then they had to eat, and I had to leave, because I had another two-hour-trip ahead of me, and I was already passed my time limit (As the plan was that I head to Dad's friend, where we were invited for the last day of Ramadan), but instead I just headed home (Way past sunset anyways).

I had also been bright enough (!) to forget my key in my bike. I spent the whole train trip going looking for it, and gave it up as a lost cause after two or three hours. I would have either have had to walk home (a good 40 minutes on a painful pair of boots) or discover/find the key after all. I was lucky.

I came home thinking it'd be deserted, but found sis at home anyways, watching tv.
I will need to go to bed soon, especially if tomorrow is the feast (which will mean we'll have to get up at 6 am)

Drink up me hearties, yo ho ;D
xxx
The Gypsy

3 comments:

  1. D'awwwww. :3

    Somehow the idea of you talking like a pirate is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry if that sounds patronizing, I just calls 'em as I sees 'em. :P

    LOVE! *furious snuggles* You will be happy no matter what mood you're in, 'cause you have read this now a fresh reminder from your twinneh! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won ;) Minor win though and it was still highly interesting :)

    Just wished you could have stayed a little longer.. Well next time then hopefully :)

    ReplyDelete