Pages

Wednesday 19 August 2009

A Week's Worth

This is what happens when I procrastinate. A week full of things that are actually eventful enough to relate pass by, and I can't get myself to write anything long-winded about it, partly because I'm just plain lazy, and partly because you'd be stuck reading this for hours. I'm not one for wasting other people's time.

Saturday was Sis' birthday. She turned 19! Which I remember was my favourite year ever. Up till now anyways. She better have a good year, too.
I was actually able to borrow some money and get her a decent present, which, even more surprisingly, she actually liked.
Dad slept the afternoon away, which ruined the planned trip to Madurodam, so I volunteered we postpone it to the next day, and go do something nearby that evening (which might've been partly revenge on him ruining it at all, so that he had to pay twice.. I'm awfully evil. )

We went bowling. Partly my idea as well, even though I know (as everyone keeps reminding me) it was bowling that caused my knee muscle to tear four years ago. I ended up having to walk with crutches for two months. The horror. Two years ago we went again, and I won. But they all seemed to have blocked that memory out completely. *grumble*
Didn't win this time, but I was more focused on getting everyone out of their tense atmosphere. -Yet another ruined birthday because of arguments- .(Now that everyone has had their birthday this year, I can honestly say they were all disappointments. Except for mum's maybe, who doesn't expect to celebrate it at all, so there are no expectations. And dad wasn't there, so no arguments either.)

Goooo Jess! xD



The day after we went to something called the Omniversum, a place like a Planetarium, with a new movie every hour. IMax Screen, and always about nature or something related.
The movie we went to was the newest edition yet, called Sea Monsters. Interesting how they combined facts with fiction. Basically it was just about a group of archeologists finding dino-bones. Sea-dinosaurs, to be exact. Call me a geek but I find that intriguing. There's always been a part of me toying with the idea to become an archeologist. But then I have so many interests parts of me are always toying with a hundred different things to become or do. It's alarming it hasn't gotten me anywhere yet. xD

After the Omniversum opened my eyes to a range of new possibilities of existence and development, we finally went to Madurodam, where we had planned to go the day before. In case you're not aware what it is, it's a little "town" with a collection of the entire Netherlands in miniature. All cities, most important buildings and places are there.
We roamed around for the whole afternoon/evening, until, when it went dark, they had a light-show: Madurodam By Night. With lasers and other flashy lights so that we were fully entertained. (Of which I have no pictures, sadly)



Mew. Miniature Dutch Windmill.

Yo ho ho, and a bottle of rum





Monday, we spent the whole afternoon with Mum's friend and her son, which turned out to be as fun as always when we go there. I have no idea why she had to wait so long to go there, we could have gone ten times already D; (we hadn't seen them for two years)
Her oldest son came home half an hour before we left. We hadn't seen him for four years, and man, he's changed. o.o Scarily so. But I suppose a lot of people do over four years. Especially teenagers/twenty-ers. I just made up that word -.-

Yesterday I went with mum to get her eyes checked, whether they were good for a laser surgery. Turns out they are, but that still means she needs to save up to get it.
Afterwards we went to Ikea, which is one of Holland's well-known furniture shops ever.
I designed the interior of my "future home" a total of six times, each totally different from the other. Which brought me a pang of pain seeing as I might never actually have that.
Back home I made my first ever own decision, without asking for either permission, help or money. True, Dad doesn't even know yet, but Mum didn't even put up a fight. It has me feeling both elated and glad it all went well, but I'm just hoping it doesn't blow up in my face.

Last night Dad decided to chuck some old stuff out, so my attic is actually half-empty now.
Did a lot of cleaning and vacuuming and shifting bed and table and closet alike.
I took a break to type this out, but I'm not near-finished yet.
Maybe I'll just continue tomorrow?

xxx
The Gypsy.

2 comments:

  1. Freakin' adorable! xD Also: pessimist! It's half-FULL now! Bwahaha!

    I got my Blackberry tonight, gonna set it up tomorrow, gonna find out how to talk on AIM, then we'll talk every time you message me. It has AIM built in, I hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think now you managed to make everyone curious about that decision you made.. ;)

    ReplyDelete