Pages

Tuesday 26 May 2009

Two down, four to go.

"Stapled shut, inside an outside world and I'm
Sealed in tight, bizarre but right at home
Claustrophobic, closing in and I'm
Catastrophic,
...
I am a world before I am a man
I was a creature before I could stand
I will remember before I forget.. before I forget that.."

Creative Writing Exam. So no pre-studying.
One of my favourite subjects.
Or it used to be. Ha, ha, double ha...
Catastrophically difficult exam.
When the papers were given out, there was a ripple of nervous laughter and giggling going to the class. Then twenty minutes of blank staring at the paper. Total shock.
Yay..

What's up next?
American Literature.
Which means memorizing American history, reading tons of poetry, short stories, and three novels, and researching about imagism, cubism, modernism and I don't know what else.
All this by Saturday.
~sighs~ I've done most of the reading, but know little to nothing about background or genres of literature or its authors. This exam especially is scaring me. Not my forte, and the professor promised us a mean exam.

Help?
Dx

Xxx
The Gypsy.

1 comment:

  1. Bah! Always so modest. Methinks the lady doth protest too much! I've come to trust that when you say that you "know little to nothing" about something, it means that you do know it but that you have "the jitters," so to speak. You're hella-smart, and don't you doubt it.

    ReplyDelete