Pages

Tuesday 19 May 2009

More visits.

"There is certainly no purpose in remaining in the dark,
Except long enough to clear from the mind
The illusion of having ever been in the light."
-T.S.Eliot



Last night, we visited his once-upon-a-time-best-friend.
Or maybe it still is his best friend, in a way, seeing as they are able to pick up where they left off as if there hasn't been half a year of barely any communication between them.
The friend's daughter got married around two summers ago, and gave birth to a baby girl last summer, and she was also there when we went there yesterday, and so dad now has been implying I should get pregnant soon, too. Or that I already am, dunno how he figured that out, but I suppose it's all just wishful thinking~

Afetr that we visited the wife of dad's deceased uncle, which was far more depressing. He also died last February, along with that ex-neighbour of ours. I actually heard for the first time how he died, who had been with him that day, and his last words. Lots of tears from both his wife and daughter, and his sons (or those present) were trying very hard to not cry.

Today, we visited that ex-neighbour, and again got told from the widow herself how he had been that day, what he said, and what he did and where and how exactly he was positioned when he died.

A couple of years ago we also had a "death period", as I call them, where loved ones seem to drop dead in bunches. I dislike those period a lot, but more so, I fear them.
I'm just hoping it's over now, and won't be so vicious as I fear it will be.

Dad, mum and bro went to more visits, me and sis came home to try and study something. Our exams start this Saturday, and we've done a poor little bit of work. If I succeed this term it definitely won't be because of all the hard work I put into it~

xxx
The Gypsy

1 comment:

  1. Now that I have some damn free time, I finally realize I'm so lonely my stomach hurts.

    ReplyDelete