Pages

Tuesday 19 May 2009

Cairo

" When the sun shines we'll shine together,
Told you I'll be here forever,
Said I'll always be a friend
Took an oath, Imma stick it out to the end"


Haha, it's been quiet here for a few days, eh?
That's just cause Cairo, or the places I went there, had no wifi =P
I'm going to be as light-hearted as possible about a not-so-good trip, so I won't be telling all that much~

We left early Saturday morning, without much sleep, in sis' car. Me, my dad and my brother.
Dropped by my aunt's for a short time, for them (Aunt, uncle, two cousins) to get ready and depart with us. Neck-to-neck race to Cairo, it was. Would've given mum a heart attack, I'm positive.

Cous went to take her exam, dad saw to some business of his own, and I and bro sat in the car melting and catching sun strokes in an alarming heat.
Afterwards I went to hospital, got tests that made me aching and queasy, of which I won't even know any results straight away.
Then we met up with my relatives again, and we (they) ate somewhere where there were actually trees. (Which says nothing, it was as steaming hot there as anywhere else, the grass was positively yellow instead of green).

My relatives went home, and we went to dad's friend, who /always/ pushes us to eat a lot more than we're capable of, which doesn't really ever surprise any of us, seeing each of them could easily eat an elephant per meal. I look unhealthily skinny next to them, or they unhealthily obese. We're both critical of each others' weights, and agree to disagree on that. To be fair, the oldest boy is neither over nor underweight, and looks decent. He's the only one I can have some intelligent conversation with in that house, too, so yeah.

Sis and mum came by train to arrive around 1 am, and instead of coming home at 2 am and going to bed, they (dad's friend & co.) decided they were hungry enough to go and eat twelve pizzas at some shady place. I couldn't eat more than a third of my own, they were so big and greasy.

Then we finally went home and to bed around 5 am, and were roused three hours later to go to the Dutch Embassy for our passports that had expired earlier this year. Took ages, because it was so busy, and then finally left for Alexandria, away from the heatwave. We didn't actually go home immediately, but arrived long after dinner time on my aunt's doorstep, requesting of her to feed us (them).

After this sleepless, hot, and for me foodless trip, I was dead enough to just curl up for twelve hours and actually sleep at least half that long. (I haven't slept for more than three hours a night for weeks, now, and that was double that)..
The only pictures I took were amongst the trees in that park thingy, but I'll upload them later cause I'm still feeling desperately queasy.
And I typed more than I thought I would ^^
Still not much studying getting done here.

xxx
The Gypsy

1 comment: