Pages

Monday 20 April 2009

Ritaj

That's the name of the baby girl of mum's friend.
She's adorable. Really.
Aaaaaaand! Asian-looking! So much!
That's a first for wishes to come true, for me, in a long while.
I know it's a silly wish, but still. *clings to the fact that it was still a wish*
I went there before I fell ill again.

*Uploads some pictures*
























And today, it's Shem Enneseem. A pharaonic feast, to celebrate spring.
More or less like Eastern, I suppose. The egg and bunny part, anyways, I know the other part has to do with Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection.
It's just.. a week late? lol
Anyways, it's always the Monday after the Orthodox Christian Eastern. Which is sometimes at the same time of that of Catholics, and sometimes a week or two later.
*confused herself* x.x
Uhh. Alright. Anyways. Traditional for Shem Enneseem is a salted type of herring (which can be alright, if you like fish. Sometimes. If prepared correctly. ). And another fish, which, the more rotten it is, the better. If it has worms, then it's perfect. And I'm not joking.

xxx
The Gypsy.

2 comments:

  1. I read the most awfully depressing book lately. It's like if the main character had a dog and that dog died and she went to get a puppy but the puppy was hit by a bus after she rescued it just in time from being gassed and the bus crashed into the front of a pet store where they keep the kittens. Just that heart-wrenching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a cool festival, I never heard about it before! I'd love to celebrate spring, it's my favorite season~
    hehe, nice pictures! Ritaj is a cool name.
    Easter..I bought chocolate eggs with my lil bro after Easter. They are always on sale then. It was pretty yummy :D
    -your loyal but super forgetful follower

    ReplyDelete