Pages

Friday 27 March 2009

Time flies.

Alright. Lets see.
What happened to me?
I don't really know. Had been awake for approximately four days in a row, and cracked, I think. Headache, cramps, nausea, moodswings, in the end I stopped being able to think and function properly.
Insomnia stinks really badly, I hope it's over soon.
I watched an episode of House in which he makes it clear how dangerous long term insomnia is, and if he's right.. Oh boy.. So it better leave me alone D<

My cousin had her birthday on the 25th of March, she turned 19. Now, that in itself is not that special, lots of people turn 19. But the thing is, she's one of the youngest cousins I have. I have a couple of dutch cousins who are a bit younger than that, but on average, within 5 years orso our generation will have become complete adults.

My cousins here (the ones that got married, that is) are already having kids of their own, and I'm being called "auntie Jess/Sjors" left and right. One cousin who got married in February will probably announce quite soon that she is pregnant, and her twin, who is getting married in May, is also already buying things larger than her own size, "just in case". Mind, she got into very intimate with me, and I don't know what to think of that, my cousins here aren't that fond of sharing personal stuff with me, usually.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that time is flying. I feel old even though I know I aren't all that old quite yet. I feel that I'm passing out on things, missing them, and there is no time to catch it all up anymore.

I want to go to Holland. I want to spend a lot of time with my family there. I miss them.
I want to visit the friends I've made from all over the globe.
I want to travel the world. I want to have a fun job.
I want a lot. Maybe I'm greedy. I just hope there is enough time, that's all.

I was reading through the archives of one of my Dutch cousins, and there was a quiz to see how addicted you were to blogging. Sounds like fun, nay? The scariest part is the result: I didn't know that I was quite that addicted. Not that I mind. I think it's quite funny. Especially the question " Throughout the day, do you think of what to put in your blog if something interesting happens?" was quite accurate. Throughout the night as well, of course, and not just when interesting things happen (else my blog would be quite empty), but it's about the basics. Here you go:

77%How Addicted to Blogging Are You?


Lol.

Oh. And everyone at college has been stressing out over the results of the mid term exams. Like, a lot. And even though I repeat over and over that I don't care, I do. I'm trying not to worry about it, since I have this ability to turn any worry, stress, anger or sadness into severe physical aching, I would rather not flunk. As fun as college is (funner than anything that preceded it, over the years I've been living in Egypt) I don't think I'd like it half as much if I had to repeat the year by myself (whilst most of my friends graduate).
So here's to hoping the whole class passes with flying colours~

And yesterday Mum's Chinese friend gave birth to a little baby girl. Squee~
And she's called Ritaj! And I can't wait to go see her. Hope she is chinese-looking. I'm weird like that >.<

xxx
The Gypsy.

3 comments:

  1. hahaa I'm weird too then, 'cuz I'd probably hope she was Chinese-looking too! hehe

    Ugh, insomnia..You know, I definitely coulda told you that! I nag my friend about it all the time in school! haha. Actually I started a blog also, partly influenced by you, but the other part was so that I could report when she falls asleep every single night so that I can force her to improve...

    Didn't know you watched House though..haha more tv than me!

    Also when you sent me the link to the blog wayy back, I thought you were addicted too LOL So I'm not surprised.

    Your blog's waay more eventful than my "blog"...Nothing happens in my life. haha

    -Nabila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, life in Alex is much more than life in Cairo. *blink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, life in Alex and Cairo is much more than life in Dallas. x3

    ReplyDelete