Pages

Monday 9 March 2009

*In Love*

A couple of days ago, by accident, I watched part of Oprah. I don't watch Oprah, at least not on a regular basis, and now I hadn't watched it for over half a year. Thing is, this time they were talking about Happiness. And becoming happy, and staying it. Mentioning things like The Secret, and more of such philosophies. Apparently there are such things as "Martyr ethic" which basically means they are afraid of saying they're happy, because that will have consequences, in the end. You're not happy for free, so to speak. So they are "Alright, but" complaining, because that way things just don't go that wrong, and even so, then it's obviously cause fate hates you, nay? Both optimists and pessimists are right, it's just the way they view it. A cup is indeed half empty when it is half full, it's just.. Which do you rather see?

What I found interesting what that that guy, being a psychologist, got to make his own disease, like so many shrinks do: Destination addiction. It sounded familiar to what we had been saying in Poetry class a long time ago, and keep repeating. You have a destination, your goal, your reason, the thing that'll make you happy. But by the time you reach it, you'll want something else just as badly. Desire for desire's sake, almost?
Basically it was a "Let go of your past, and don't obsess about your future but seize the day" kind of thing, and sometimes, to me, that just sounds impossible. Some things you can't forget, no matter how much you'd want, and sometimes you're waiting for a specific thing to happen so you can move on. Although, generally, yeah, I suppose it works. According to the shrink, all people of 30 years young already have LOTS of reasons to be depressed, no matter what happened. It's just a matter of choice whether you are or not?

Don't know why I felt like I just needed to type that. Maybe because I'm trying to become more positive by the day, and it's a hell of a chore?

I did fun stuff, though. Jazz came to Alex, with her hubby and her adorable lil' son.
Which brings me to the title. I'm in love.
He's nineteen. (Nineteen months, that is. :3) Adooooooorable puppy eyes, and the most precious smile I've seen in a long while And the best part? He likes me too ^^ Likes me so much, actually, he's okay with me carrying him, and won't cling to his parents, like most kids do, even though I'm not /that/ much of a familiar face. I'm not much of a "Oh-I-Just-LOVE-kids" type of person, either, which makes it all the more special. Adam is one of a kind ^^ And one thing I am sure of: Had Jazz come to live in Alexandria, I would've been one good babysitter for that kiddo. More importantly: I'd be paid to have fun. Squee. xD

Me and Jazz had fun, too. Gave her and Amgad their painting. They liked it. ^^ That was great, was a weight lifted off my chest. Seriously. I had painted that painting (It's on my deviantart now) and finished it more than a month ago. And the longer it stood there, the more I wanted to add to it or take stuff off. xD Luckily I didn't, and they were positive 'bout it. So yay. And we went for walks. One along the beach with Jazz, one actually on the sand, the four of us. Adam, like his dad, me and sis when we three were young, hates the sand xD At least, mum told me I and sis were like that. Sand felt icky, I suppose? Dirty and twitchy? He managed to pull both himself and his mum down onto a coming wave. xD Even when my car got wheel clamped, a few lovely smiles of Adam cheered me up. That, and Amgad being a sport, helping me out like he did. Thanks again! Egypt, for once, did not totally manage to ruin my mood. Nor did my angry mother, when I arrived five hours after I said I would? Oh boy xD

I know.
Funny how I start the entry talking about positivism, then end up uploading pictures like these. xD
Just showing how brilliant Egyptian drivers are.
They drive like maniacs, really.
The back of the taxi it had bumped into looked pretty much the same. Aka it had no trunk anymore~




Jazz preferred tunnels to crossing the road. Said they were cosy and safer. But I guess I'd rather have it a bit riskier, then? xD
Not fond of lifts and tunnels. Too many things can go wrong. But then I'm thinking pessimistically again, huh? Although saying nothing can happen when crossing the road right after showing how Egyptians are maniac drivers is pretty damn positive! xD



All that said: I'm sick as a dog.
Fever, throwing up, and my organs are all aching on the inside.
Sneezing, coughing, and any movement makes me yelp out in pain.
I am glad I did not infect the three of them with anything, that would've been awful.

Gotto go, took me long enough to type this up. lol
xxx
The Gypsy.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so f'ing mad I can't sleep. I can't even think. I'm just in pure rage mode at all the obligations I've been roped into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously just woke myself up from a nightmare by screaming. I don't know whether to be terrified or mortified. >///<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Desire for desire's sake, I so agree on that one. I've started to get rid of that though, 1/2 of the time I have this "ah, this is life" feeling and just stretch on the couch or take a deep breath of fresh air or smile my face off for other simple things. Life is life, and we only live once! And on the contrary I'm all freaked out if I have even one assignment I haven't yet finished and it's all I can think about. Hahaha. Happiness is a difficult think, but worth aiming for! :P

    And what an adorable earthling! >.< I'm really picky with kids too, if they're not smart and fun to talk with and won't stop screaming for candy, I pay no attention to them. Otherwise I can hang out with them. For example the three siblings from my school bus, they're like my best friends now. x'D
    Capture the earthling! 8D Nawwh, just kidding, but he sure is adorable. x3

    Time on the beach sounds nice. x3 Twitchy sand and itchy sea! x'D Both things that can greatly help bring your mood up, though.

    And crazy drivers! o____o Whoa! That is... just whoa! Are they out of their mind? x'D I hope your car won't get crashed like that! @____@

    ReplyDelete